[NEWS] Artist Claims To Be Owed $8,000 After Staging Anna Delvey’s Exhibition

June 14, 2022

(AP Photo/Richard Drew, File) 

Anna Sorokin-or Anna-Delvey, who was imprisoned for swindling art-world types in New York out of more than $200,000, was show new drawings at an unannounced space in early April. The works were made in the ICE detention center where Delvey is currently being held as she awaits deportation to Germany.

UK perfect Swiss made aaa replica watches uk online with practical functions for female and male watch wearers.
Do not miss cheap Panerai Replica Watches canada online with best quality on the reliable website!
Official Swiss movement Cheap Rolex Replica Watches UK are selling at a low price. You can find quality fake watches here.

Artist and writer Julia Morrison told the New York Post that she put down $8,000 to help stage the Free Anna group show this past March and still hasn’t been paid back, according to a report published Monday. 

Earlier this year, Morrison teamed up with Alfredo Martinez to put together the “Free Anna” group show. Morrison and Martinez both got a 25% cut of the profits made from the single work that Delvey contributed to the show, which was listed for $10,000. The remaining 50% was to go to Delvey herself. While Morrison said in an interview with the New York Post that she has received her cut, she hasn’t been paid back her initial $8,000 investment.

A model holding one of Sorokin’s pieces of art at the show on May 19, 2022.

“I still have $8,000 on my credit card,” Morrison told the Post. “I can’t afford to just throw $8,000 worth of Anna Delvey’s expenses on my card. I wasn’t doing it to be a good friend to her. I did it for the show, knowing that I’d be paid back. At least that’s what Alfredo promised.” Martinez told the Post that the project was still in the “spending phase” and that Morrison would get paid back eventually. Morrison first came to media attention when she released screenshots of her text messages with actor Armie Hammer, where he described his sexual fantasies. Morrison later made NFTs of those screenshots. Morrison also claims to have been cut off from Delvey’s solo show, which she expected to co-curate and receive profits from. Neither Morrison, Martinez, or Delvey’s representative Chris Martin have responded to requests for comment. 

Prev [NEWS] Artist Mark Bradford Launches a New Collaboration with Local High School Arts Students
Next [NEWS] Mona Lisa gets caked by man disguised as old woman
  List